Money Laundering Defense Lawyers in Boston
Money Laundering Defense
Money laundering is the popular term for a number of criminal charges based on efforts to legitimize money earned through alleged criminal activity. Like wire fraud and mail fraud, charges of money laundering are often used by prosecutors to charge people when there is insufficient evidence of the primary crime.
Denner Criminal Defense Group represents individuals and companies who have drawn the attention of the federal government by engaging in banking, financial transactions or financial reporting procedures that the government considers suspicious.
If you have been charged, are under investigation, or believe your company’s financial dealings may be illegal, contact our experienced criminal defense attorneys. Call us at Boston (617-500-4398) or toll-free at 866-370-5422.
Regional law firm providing international representation
From its offices in Boston, Massachusetts, Denner Criminal Defense Group provides aggressive and professional criminal defense at the state and federal levels. We serve clients throughout the Northeast Corridor, across the nation, and internationally.
- Our lawyers also work proactively with executives and directors of casinos, banking institutions and businesses covered by anti-money laundering regulations to identify compliance deficiencies with federal statutes and to implement due diligence procedures. Such precautions allow our clients to avoid charges and penalties for financial crimes.
- Charges of money laundering are often based on alleged transfer of funds from U.S. banks to overseas banks or vice versa. This means that our attorneys have significant experience with banking systems in the U.S. and abroad. They have handled cases involving transactions in Canada, Asia, Central America, the Caribbean basin and Western Europe.
Money laundering is a way for prosecutors to bring charges
We represent individuals and institutions in matters such as:
- Hiding money
- Failing to file required cash transaction reports
- Making multiple cash withdrawals or deposits slightly below the $10,000 reporting threshold
- Evading taxes by underreporting income
Such activities are often viewed by federal prosecutors as indicators of money laundering. We provide a vigorous defense for clients who have drawn scrutiny from the federal government for their financial transactions. If the government is able to make the case that your financial transactions were an effort to “launder” money received from criminal activities such as drug trafficking or weapons trafficking, you will face forfeiture of your assets.
An effective criminal defense throughout the legal process
In these matters, it is necessary to have the legal advice of an attorney experienced in cases involving federal charges. At Denner Criminal Defense Group, we represent you from the initial investigation forward and are by your side throughout the criminal justice process. We ensure your rights are protected during:
- Grand jury indictment
- Bail hearing
- Plea negotiations
- Pre-sentencing investigation and reports
- Post-conviction appeals, writs and motions
- Jail or prison
- Building a strong defense
As our client, you will be defended vigorously. We will explore every option, investigate the prosecution’s case to identify weaknesses and ensure that you receive the defense you need to get results.
Contact the Denner Criminal Defense Group to learn how we will put our resources and experience to work for you. Call Boston directly (617-500-4398) or toll-free at 866-370-5422.
Our money laundering defense attorneys are available to respond to emergencies. We can accommodate clients speaking Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and some Southeast Asian languages. Translators are provided for other languages.