MASSACHUSETTS MURDER LAWYERS
Any level of murder charge must be defended with the utmost care. The stakes are extremely high. Even in states with no death penalty, a federal death penalty may be imposed in some circumstances.
Most homicide cases are not capital cases. However, a conviction can bring a very significant prison sentence and possibly a life term. It can cause your family to disintegrate and result in financial ruin. Because the consequences are so dire, it is critical to have representation from experienced and skilled lawyers.
Serving clients nationally from our Boston, MA office
If you have been charged with murder or believe you are being investigated, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney. As a large criminal defense firm, the Denner Criminal Defense Group has access to a wide range of experts who thoroughly investigate homicide charges. Our lawyers work with private investigators, psychiatrists, psychologists, medical specialists, accountants, economists, evidence validation experts and crime scene analysts to gather evidence and build a strong defense.
Call us in Boston (617-500-4398) or toll-free at 866-370-5422 to learn more, or fill out our online contact form.
Murder in Massachusetts
There are different types of murder charges. The Denner Criminal Defense Group attorneys mount a vigorous defense, whatever the level of the charge. In Massachusetts, murder charges include:
- First degree murder, or murder executed with extreme cruelty, deliberate and premeditated malice, or murder resulting from the commission of a capital felony
- Second degree murder, or murder committed with malice aforethought or during the commission of a non-capital felony
- Involuntary manslaughter, or an unintentional, wanton and reckless killing or an unintentional killing resulting from a battery
- Voluntary manslaughter, or the unlawful killing of another upon reasonable provocation and without premeditated malice or from the excessive use of force in self-defense
- Felony and misdemeanor motor vehicle homicide
- Assault with intent to murder
- We are your defense against the media
Our lawyers handle high-profile murder cases. In many instances, we have been able to use post-trial disposition to obtain extensive psychiatric treatment for our clients in lieu of a life sentence. In all such cases, our attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that our client receives the best representation possible in the courtroom.
In addition to providing the best defense possible, our law firm is devoted to making sure that our clients receive a fair trial. We leave no avenue unexplored in our efforts to protect our clients’ rights. We undertake many direct and collateral appeals after a questionable verdict, file writs of habeas corpus, and undertake civil rights suits to rectify incompetent criminal prosecution.
Standing by clients every step of the way
Our law firm is committed to providing a strong defense at every stage of the proceedings against you, including:
- Initial investigation
- Grand jury indictment
- Bail hearing
- Plea negotiations
- Pre-sentencing investigation and reports
- Post-conviction appeals, writs and motions
- Jail or prison
If you have been charged with or are being investigated for murder, contact the Denner Criminal Defense Group in Boston (617-500-4398) or toll-free at 866-370-5422.
We are available to respond to emergencies at all times, including evenings and weekends. Staff can accommodate clients speaking Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and some Southeast Asian languages.